Kathmandu Animal Treatment Centre
Since KAT began its programme, we have noticed significant local support from the community. We came to learn that many local people are deeply concerned about both the suffering of the stray dogs and the health risks associated with them. In the past there was no alternative to the government poisoning dogs. We have succeeded in convincing the city government about the importance of our work, and as a result they have ceased the poisoning campaigns where KAT operates.
We are also getting an increasing number of calls to rescue dogs that have been involved in accidents or have been mistreated. We answer as many of these appeals as we can.
Useful resources for people planning events to raise money or awareness about the KAT Centre
KAT's Case Statement: a two-page introduction to the street dog situation in Kathmandu, the KAT Centre, and our programs
Sign-up Sheet for people to write their names and contact information
Donation Sheet for people to write their names, information, and amounts of donations
Share your experience in our Feedback Form! Your valuable feedback will help us improve our Fundraising Toolkit and help other fundraisers plan successful, fun events. Please download the Feedback Form, fill it in after the event, and send it to us at KATinfo@KATCentre.org.np.
Connect your computer to a projector or television and show videos about KAT.
• Kukur Puja: The Kathmandu Animal Treatment Centre (12 minutes)
• BBC presenter Charlotte Uhlenbroek discusses the plight of Nepal's street dogs (10 minutes) Charlotte Uhlenbroek describes the harsh lives of stray dogs in Kathmandu and the work of the KAT Centre. This was made years ago when KAT was just beginning.
• Meet Kanchu, a cute little dog who captured the hearts of KAT's staff (1 1/2 minutes) This scrawny creature was found abandoned in the tourist area of Thamel, covered in filth. After a lot of treatment and care, she's our dancing dog!
• Read some examples and ideas to inspire you
• Get advice about holding successful fundraising or awareness-raising events
• Please contact us at KATinfo@KATCentre.org.np or +977 1 4377729 if you want to discuss fundraising possibilities
© Kathmandu Animal Treatment Centre | Email: KATinfo@KATCentre.org.np | Tel: +977 1 4377729